Volunteers provide ongoing and valuable support our school community.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering in our school community.
Our school has long history of volunteering. Indeed, our school has been built on this tradition, dating back to our establishment. The clergy, religious, lay staff and students of St. Joseph’s Primary School have been well supported by parents, carers, parishioners and members of the school, parish and local community from these early days.
This page has been created to support you in your volunteering and help the school meet its professional obligations around the engagement of volunteers in our school. On 1st August 2016 the Victorian Government required all schools to meet Child Safe Standards which introduced a number of key changes to the engagement of volunteers in Victorian schools. This guide reflects those changes and the requirements under these guidelines.
How to Volunteer at St. Joseph’s Primary, Benalla:
- Read through the Volunteer Guide and decide where you would like to assist;
- Complete and submit a Volunteer Application Form to our Principal;
- Complete a Volunteer Code of Conduct Form;
- Read the St. Joseph’s PS, Child Safe Policy;
- Bring your Working With Children Check card to the Admin Office when submitting your Volunteer Application Form for sighting and copying.
- Applicants may also be required, at the discretion of the School Principal, to undergo a National Police Check as part of this process.
St. Joseph's Volunteer Guide ~ Contains information regarding how to volunteer at our school.
St. Joseph's Volunteer Application Form ~ To be completed by parents and community members wishing to volunteer.
St. Joseph's Volunteer Code of Conduct ~ To be signed by parents and community members wishing to volunteer.