At St. Joseph's we believe that:
• Assessment and reporting must be meaningful, purposeful and relevant to the parents, students and teachers.
• Assessment and reporting should reflect the uniqueness and giftedness of the whole person.
• Assessment and reporting is a continual and developmental process.
At St. Joseph's we aim to:
• Ensure planning for assessment and reporting is part of the planning of Teaching and Learning.
• Ensure assessment and reporting is relevant to children's learning.
• Ensure that the parents and where appropriate, the student, understand the reporting of the reporting of the student learning.
• Ensure the feedbck from parents and students about reporting processes is actively sought.
• A questionnaire is sent home to parents asking parents "Tell me about your child". This information is a way of getting to know the individual needs of each of the students.
• Parent/Teacher interviews are held early in the term to enable parents and the teacher to exchange information about the child.
• Mid Year reports are set home towards the end of the term.
• Parent/Teacher interviews are held after the parents have seen the students reports.
• Parent/Teacher Interviews are held at the request of either the parents or the classroom teacher on a need basis.
• End of Year reports are sent home.
• Parent/Teacher interviews are held at the request of either the parents or the classroom teacher on a needs basis.
• PSG (Parent Support Group) meetings are held each term.