St. Joseph's School Board exists as a body to promote and support St. Joseph's School in the provision of Catholic Education.
In doing so, the board:
• recognises the role of the school in the overall mission of the Parish and seeks to foster the relationship of the school with the parish community.
• acknowledges the legitimate authority and responsibility of the Parish Priest and works with the Parish Priest in the Shared Wisdom model of decision-making and discernment.
The Scope of St. Joseph's School Board is:
• to lead school renewal and development in a process of managed change.
• to provide leadership in strategic planning for future school improvement and development in the areas of: Catholic Identity, Leadership, Curriculum, Pastoral Care, Finance & Resources and Facilities.
The School Board shall consist of ex-officio members and elected representive members.
Executive of the Board (Ex-Officio members)
• The Parish Priest;
• The Principal
• Deputy Principal
• Nominated Chair of the Board - (Elected from the Board); and
• School Officer - Secretary (non voting rights)
• Two members elected from the Executive of the Parents Association or their nominees;
• One elected member of the School Leadership Team;
• One elected staff member (not a member of the School Leadership Team);
• Two elected parent representives nominated from the parent community;
• The Executive of the Board may co-opt three board members for specific purposes for a specified period of time; and
• The Chairperson to be a nominated parent from the Board
Duration of Membership
• Three year minimum;
• Three members co-opted by the Executive are appointed for a specified period of time; and
• In coming members are expected to participate in a series of Professional Development sessions
Frequency of Meetings
• Full School Board meetings will be held twice a term;
• Sub commitee meetings will be held in between each full School Board Meeting or as required;
• The Annual General Meeting is held in March or April each year.
Benalla Catholic Education
Benalla Catholic Education (BCE)works to promote, support and enhance the role of the Catholic Education in Benalla. Benalla Catholic Education consists of:
1. The Parish Priest of St. Joseph's - Father Peter Taylor
2. St. Joseph's School Principal - Mr. Stephen Hicks
3. FCJ College Principal - Mrs. Joanne Rock
4. Catholic Education Officer Representive - Mrs. Helen Ramsdale